Two posts in one day? Just some quick lists, anyway.
Five Great Things In The UK
- The BBC
- Real Ale
- Good newspapers
- Historical/interesting buildings
- Public footpaths and Ordnance Survey maps
On the other hand…
- Terrible, awful, and just plain bad newspapers with bare-faced right-wing political agendas
- Getting around London (yeah, The Tube works, but I can’t stand it, and traffic’s always bad)
- Cold drizzly weather (though the 2003 summer was fantastic)
- Racist pricks
Oh, there are stickers on my bike now advertising my scooter travel site: byscooter.com. I wonder if they’ll work, and if they do, why I bothered in the first place. It’s mostly a personal thing, but hopefully someone will get something out of it. Actually, typing that, they have. A researcher collecting odd toilet signs spotted the picture of the toilet in the youth hostel in Gent, but I’ll leave it as an exercise to the reader to find it. Oh all right, it’s somewhere on this Belgium page. Enjoy.